News

YouTube Shorts are going to come under AD revenue share

As a result, in September 2020, YouTube entered the world of vertical video with the name Youtube Shorts. Due to the continued support of other platforms including TikTok, Instagram Reels and Snapchat, Swap length 9:16 aspect ratio videos i.e. vertical videos captured on phones are becoming increasingly popular and vertical videos will dominate more in the coming days. Since YouTube is one of the major video related companies, they didn’t want to be left behind in the new format. And emerged as the main competitor of TikTok. YouTube Shorts basically allows content creators to upload vertical videos captured on phones within 60 seconds. click here

YouTube Shorts are not covered by Ad Revenue

Content creators can turn on monetization of their videos through YouTube’s partner program if certain conditions are met. Basically, YouTube gives a portion (55%) of the profit made by running ads during video playback to the content creators and the rest (45%) is kept by themselves. However, more background music and specific clip copyright issues add more stipulations. That is, YouTube currently shares ad revenue with content creators on long-form videos, which is why many people choose video content making as a career. clicik here

But since YouTube Shorts do not display any type of advertisement, YouTube Shorts are not covered by Ad Revenue Share model yet. However, through the Youtube Shorts Fund, money is paid through certain criteria. But according to the latest news, from this month YouTube Shorts may start sharing ad revenue like their long form videos. program. Shorts may also have discounts in terms of turning on monetization.

Fund

Because the short form ad revenue share model is not as straight forward as YouTube’s long form. A shorts is already very short in length. As a result, it is tricky to add a few ads to shorts, let alone an add. Now if two shorts are offered then the question arises as to who will get the revenue or who will get more revenue. As a result, it is known that YouTube has taken a simple approach here. If someone watches 3 shorts and 1 ad then the ad revenue will be split equally between the 3 videos.

But here YouTube will do the exact opposite of long form i.e. 45% of revenue will be given to shorts creators. YouTube will keep the rest. They reasoned that the background music in the shorts could be used without copyright issues and that YouTube would share the profits at the musician or music level.

SaHim

I Have been associated with this world of technology since 2019. Apart from developing the website, I am currently involved in the writing and blogging sector. I founded delvesoft.com website to share my knowledge with others. I am dreaming of building a reliable blog site. And to spread what I know to everyone, if someone's grain is benefited by it, that's my peace of mind

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button